Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Adventure Begins

Hello, you. If you're reading this, that means you are 1) a friend 2) very bored 3) some combination of 1 and 2. This is where I will attempt to chronicle my new life as an aspiring cheesemaker and ruralish, farm-y person after over a decade of Brooklyn dwelling. As I type this, I am procrastinating packing up my sweaters and snowboots and hundreds of pounds of books (should I bring 'Giraffes? Giraffes!!' with me?!) and yogurt-maker and cat into a rented car so as to drive up to the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. There, I will situate myself in a log cabin with a wood-burning stove and begin what I can only imagine will be the very steep learning curve that is making cheese at the elbow of mad genius fromagiere Laini Fondiller of Lazy Lady Farm.

You can expect nostalgic musings, lacrymose pinings for New York pizza, ruminations on the cheese life, and many many many pictures of goats. Here's one to get you started. Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment